Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problems on live server with 2.3.1 version

Go to End

6 Posts   1419 Views

CriaturaCreativaStudio

Community Member, 73 Posts

23 May 2009 at 4:42pm

Hello there,

I'm using SS from a year or so...
I always develop the sites locally and then, i upload them to the server, and import the database on the live server of course.
I've done it several times with 3 or 4 sites, with no problems.

But now, testing 2.3.1 on local server works fine, but when i upload to the same server (bluehost) that runs the other 3 sites fine, i cannot login into the admin panel, the login does nothing and leaves a persistent url on the browser:
http://www.eduardocesario.com/Security/login?BackURL=%2Fadmin#MemberLoginForm_LoginForm_tab

i've tried re uploading the database, reuploading the site, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Regards

Eduardo

PGiessler

Community Member, 47 Posts

23 May 2009 at 8:21pm

Hi , I think your admin account data with password wouldn't upload correct. I had the same problem with changing the server. So you have to set your admin account in your DataBase. Then you can login , and there is no reload.

You can look in the SilverStripe Documentation for Password Recovery. I think there is 3 or more ways to set admin password. (Password generator, and so on)

Best regards,

Pascal

CriaturaCreativaStudio

24 May 2009 at 4:26am

Hello!

thanks for your reply, i've checked (visually of course) that the fields where the user are stored look identical.
But maybe it's an issue that i cannot compare just in that way.
Do you have a link for password recovery instructions?

Regards!

Eduardo

CriaturaCreativaStudio

24 May 2009 at 4:50am

OK, now i'm in the CMS...

But it seems the problem is bigger...
I have set up a page using Hasmany file manager, and it simply don't works....

I would love to know if there is a recommend export setting for the database. I'm suspecting a major issue, because my local site version works perfect! I've never had problems with prior versions of SS, this is really bad! :(

Regards!

Eduardo

CriaturaCreativaStudio

24 May 2009 at 5:01am

forget about my last post, it was a misspelled capital on the url syntax...

seems like everything is working fine now, but the issue of the users is weird, i would love to know if there is a recommended policy to export/import databases on SS

Regards

Eduardo

PGiessler

Community Member, 47 Posts

25 May 2009 at 2:41am

Hi Eduardo,

I don't know a way to import and export the database without any error with the admin account. I tried several methods, but nothing works. So I set manually the admin account in the live database.

If anyone know, how you import/export the database of SilverStripe in perfect way, I would love to know, too.

Best regards,

Pascal