Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SSViewer updates

Go to End

4 Posts   2717 Views

Radon

Community Member, 11 Posts

10 June 2009 at 11:47pm

Edited: 10/06/2009 11:48pm

I read that "There are likely to be some reasonably significant changes to the parser in the near future" (http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/4188). I am curious to what updates/feature enhancments are being planned, could not find anything in the roadmap. Can someone point me in the right direction for what is planned?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

11 June 2009 at 7:14pm

What I believe is planned is just a nicer way of how it currently works. If you have spent any time with it you will know SSViewer has its limitations - Eg you cannot pass vars into functions eg <% Function($SomeVar) %> you also cannot easily pass multiple arguments into methods so I believe these are going to be implemented as well as a nicer implementation of how the current functions work. More details will be released when the work on it begins / is released to the public.

Keep a look out on the dev mailing list for any upcoming discussions on the template engine.

Radon

Community Member, 11 Posts

11 June 2009 at 8:47pm

Thankyou. Yes, I am aware of some of the SSViewer limitations. We are actually using Smarty instead of the SSViewer to circumvent some of the problems, but of course it raises some new issues, among other things regarding the testrunner. I will sign up for the dev mailing list :)

Rufinus

Community Member, 6 Posts

9 July 2009 at 3:09pm

Hi Radon,

Would it be possible to show me your changes to get smarty as template engine instead of SSViewer ?

Please contact me at therufinus@gmail.com

TIA
Rufinus