Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

iframe in 2.3.1

Go to End

2 Posts   1763 Views

Fabie

Community Member, 28 Posts

14 June 2009 at 10:56pm

Hi guys, a while back on 2.2.2 i had found a hack to add iframes and make the HTML eat it.
Now on 2.3.1 the valid elements trick doesn't work (as read on many threads).
How on earth can we add iframes? I have read a few posts with specific things to do, compile, recompile and upload.

Surely in 2009 with the web being as interactive as it is we can paste iframes in an easy manner in SS?

Has anyone found a trick that doesn't involve 3h of programming and would like to share it step by step?

I am rather disappointed but need a solution!

Cheers

Fabie

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

15 June 2009 at 12:32am

Well, as long as you don't need the iframe to be in your content-text (eg. editable within TinyMCE), the solution is simple: Just create a new database field with type text and add a TextArea Field to enter your raw html code there. Let's assume the new field is named RawHtml, then you could output the following in your tempate:

$Content
$RawHtml

That would always put the raw html content (eg. your iframe) after the content... (or before, if you swap the two). If that's ok you should be fine. Otherwise you'll have to dig into a way to enable your desired code tags for TinyMCE. This post might be helpful (although it deals with javascript): http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/255947