Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Assets folder

Go to End

6 Posts   3448 Views

TerryMiddleton

Community Member, 108 Posts

17 June 2009 at 6:13am

Is there a way to change the location of where SS looks for files and images?

Right now it's set to just /assets folder. I would like to point it somewhere else. Is this possible? I found in /sapphire/core/core.php where the /assets' folder is getting set, but I don't know if that is only on install or what?

Thank you for any help,

Terry

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 June 2009 at 8:12pm

Find and replace over the whole project? From a quick look there is quite a lot of places where assets is defined as a path so could be interesting to change it.

TWoSH

Community Member, 13 Posts

18 June 2009 at 5:17pm

willr: does your answer also apply to multisites using symlinks? See this thread: http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/251650?start=8

Thanks,
Tim

TerryMiddleton

Community Member, 108 Posts

26 June 2009 at 8:12am

willr,

thank you as always for the reply.

I don't think I communicated properly. My apologies.

I have pages with images in the pages that point to a directory in the html code to /images/filename.jpg

This comes from the old site where we copied and pasted the pages into the html editor in SS. Worked great. We basically kept the standard /images/ subdirectory structure.

As we creating new pages and wanting to drop images on to the page, we are directed to the default /assets/ folder to grab an image. I would like the default to be something other than the /assets folder. I see in SS where this is set in files&images, but I can't figure how to change this.

Your thoughts,

Terry

Bundschuh

Community Member, 10 Posts

13 March 2012 at 1:02am

Hello Terry,

have you found a proper solution yet for your issue?

Greetings Bundschuh

Martin D.

Community Member, 21 Posts

13 June 2014 at 7:11am

Is this still not possible? It would be great to be able to set the path to the assets directory.