Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Windows XAMPP install fails

Go to End

3 Posts   2369 Views

AD5XJ

Community Member, 35 Posts

17 September 2014 at 5:40am

Edited: 18/09/2014 9:24am

I have successfully installed SS 3.1 on my host server (CentOS/Apache) and created some test content. Now it is time to set up a test environment on my local box.

I created a XAMPP installation on my Windows machine for testing and the install works well.
I exported my MySQL database to a .sql file and imported it to the local database (also MySQL).
I copied all the SS 3.1 files and the add-ons to my local machine. It works! All the content is there and displays correctly.

However, when I attempt to make changes on the test box that require a dev/build I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Zend_Loader in C:\xampp\htdocs\ss\external-content\thirdparty\Zend\Loader.php on line 31

So I tried to re-install SS and I get an identical error:

Setting up 'mysite/_config.php'...
Setting up C:\xampp\htdocs\ss\mysite/_config.php
Setting up '.htaccess' file...
Setting up C:\xampp\htdocs\ss\.htaccess
Building database schema...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Zend_Loader in C:\xampp\htdocs\ss\external-content\thirdparty\Zend\Loader.php on line 31

php.ini is set up correctly and there are no other problems that I am aware of.

Any ideas? ? ?

- ad5xj

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

19 September 2014 at 12:31pm

Which modules do you have installed? It appears as though two modules have each provided Zend_Loader.

AD5XJ

Community Member, 35 Posts

20 September 2014 at 4:57am

Edited: 20/09/2014 4:59am

Well, I have the exact same modules from the online web site. This is SS 3.1.6 core.

There are add-on modules but they are the same as the online site.

Since there is no direct way (without composer) to compare installed modules and core modules to anything - including the repository - it is a difficult task to know what is different since this is an exact duplicate of the online site. Besides the site is functional until I do the dev/build. A more descriptive error message (backtrace dump or offending module/operation, etc.) from dev/build would be helpful as well.