Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Help with setting up permissions

Go to End

5 Posts   1684 Views

mango

Community Member, 26 Posts

19 June 2009 at 3:32pm

My site has a few blog holders, I want to add new members such that each of them can only submit new posts under their assigned blog holder, how do I go about setting this up?

This is probably trivial but for the life of mine, I just can't figure out how to do it, I would appreciate very much if someone could help me on this. Thanks.

mango

22 June 2009 at 2:50am

No one can help me?

CrazyCoders

Community Member, 32 Posts

22 June 2009 at 3:35am

My guess is it's not implemented into the blog module yet! The blog module would need to setup an owner or something like that! Maybe you should contact the blog module developper to ask him to integrate that into the module!

mango

22 June 2009 at 3:50am

Let's say I'm not using blog module, can someone please explain to me step by step what I need to do to setup permissions under a regular page?

CrazyCoders

Community Member, 32 Posts

22 June 2009 at 6:37am

You can setup who can look at a page and edit it but it's only from and relative to the CMS side that this control can be managed. You cannot prevent a blog engine from allowing a user to post on one of more blog engines. If you want to setup this as a normal SS CMS based operation, then you will have to generate a section for each user that you'll call a blog page (not a blog module) and configure each user manually to be able to edit their specific section. Then all pages under them will inherit the same settings forcing only the configured user to edit the pages in question.