Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Make directories for widgets and modules

Go to End

3 Posts   926 Views

raamklaza

Community Member, 182 Posts

23 June 2009 at 12:46am

Hello,

is there a way to hack widgets and modules directories in to the silverstripe installation?

If you have a lot if modules and widgets it will get very messy now.

Basically i want this layout:

assets
auth_openid
jsparty
mysite
sapphire
themes
tutorial
widgets
++ subfolder
modules
++ blog
++ cms
++ and so on

CrazyCoders

Community Member, 32 Posts

23 June 2009 at 2:16am

Did you try it out first before posting this question? I can't be sure, but my guess is that it can be done if you put a _config.php at the root of modules and then one at the root of widgets...

SS's /db/build looks for a folder with a _config.php file to continue scanning for files. I don't know what would happen though if you'd put another subfolder with another _config.php inside it...

Try it for yourself and tell us :)

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

23 June 2009 at 8:50am

raamklaza - yes you can nest widgets and modules in subfolders but you will have to watch the following points

- Path names might be hard coded to /blog/images or /blog/css so just do a find and replace over those
- _config files only work 1 level deep so you will need to bring all the _config settings from each module (say you now have /modules/blog/_config.php) will need to be in a generic modules/_config.php