Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Copying from local to productie, 404 error?

Go to End

30 Posts   8206 Views

raamklaza

Community Member, 182 Posts

26 June 2009 at 10:43pm

Hmmm oke...

Basically i am screwed :D

Aaah well i will do a fresh install on production

lawless

Community Member, 33 Posts

29 June 2009 at 3:50pm

"Aaah well i will do a fresh install on production"

I found this to be the quickest/easiest solution.

I first tried to copy all my local Development files up to my Production server and just change the config info and the .htacess, but it seems there is a lot more that is configured on the install. Too much to try and chase down manually.

When I ran the install.php on my production environment all kinds of permission errors showed up that would not allow me to run the install, and would have caused all sorts of weird errors had I tried to run the site that would have taken forever to chase down by troubleshooting. It seems the best practice for building a Production Silverstripe environment is to do a clean install on the Production server then copy your Development files from the themes folder up to production.

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

29 June 2009 at 5:51pm

Strange.
I never had any issues when migrating from local to production.
Usually I just dump the local db and restore it on the live server. Then I copy all the files and modify _config.php and .htaccess.
That's it.

I guess it mainly depends on the hosting provider (or production server setup for that matter).

raamklaza

29 June 2009 at 8:11pm

I think it's because local i am running Wamp and on production the host is running Linux....

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

30 June 2009 at 12:11am

I've found http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/2476 helpful when migrating SS from Windows to Linux.

raamklaza

30 June 2009 at 12:39am

Thnx, nice problemsolver...

But i've learned my lesson, never f*ck around with Linux and Windows :D

I will just leave it as it is now...

Go to Top