Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Updating the Footer

Go to End

4 Posts   1429 Views

lenwood

Community Member, 18 Posts

26 June 2009 at 5:18am

Hi All,
I'm taking over administration of a site built on SS 2.3. The previous developer built a custom theme built on blackcandy. I need to update the contents of the footer, but I can't find it for the life of me. I've searched through all of the files for the site, and I've also spent time looking through the site content within the admin pages. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in Advance,
Chris

CrazyCoders

Community Member, 32 Posts

26 June 2009 at 5:59am

There are 3 places where the footer can be...

1) An included file that is directly somewhere under "mysite/" or somewhere under "themes/"
2) Directly in the templates, make sure you are looking at the right "template(s)"
3) Directly in the content of each page or in one specific page of the site such as "Footer" and then the template opens that page and prints the content to the template.

Those are pretty the only ways to do this! Apart from that, we'd need to have access to the site to tell you more...

lenwood

Community Member, 18 Posts

26 June 2009 at 7:00am

Thanks CrazyCoders, I found it in the mysite folder. Wouldn't have gotten there without your help.

Thanks,
Chris

CrazyCoders

Community Member, 32 Posts

26 June 2009 at 7:16am

You have to understand some key principles about theming in SS and here they are, please correct me if i'm wrong (others)

MySite is the folder that should contain all your templates, code files, and non-thematic specific files. You technically should never have SS templates files in themes because it means that each theme would need to reproduce your page to work...

The theme folder is for theme specific information such as CSS, images and theme specific javascript code...

Did that make sense?