Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Webpage / Files on Webserver

Go to End

3 Posts   1636 Views

lvpg

Community Member, 2 Posts

8 July 2009 at 9:03pm

Hello,

On my webserver I can run 2 websites. So I created on my webserver 2 directories for each website. Let us call them "webpage1" and "webpage2".
The webpage1 I wanna run with Silverstripe. So I installed Silverstripe in directory "webpage1". In the driectory "webpage1" is now the directory "silverstripe" and the other directories like "sapphire" and so on.
I can work with the CMS, but when I wanna call the webpage with: "www.webpage1.com" then I get an Error page HTTP 403"
Why I can't call my wepage ? should be silverstripe directly installed in the directory of my webpage ? Without the directory "silverstripe" ?

huh....

hope somebody understands my situation and can help me.

Thanks a lot,
Gabriel

Kalileo

Community Member, 127 Posts

13 July 2009 at 1:42pm

Which directory will be used to serve the pages when you access your site in your browser with www.webpage1.com ?

In that directory you have your stuff directly, without containing all in a silverstripe or whatever directory.

Thermalzombie

Community Member, 27 Posts

13 July 2009 at 2:13pm

Edited: 13/07/2009 2:15pm

Move the contents of the silverstripe directory into webpage1 directory.

I have a similar setup but could not work out how to move my original website from its public_html folder my other website is in a directory called thebrumbyshop.