Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Customs filelds in top menu

Go to End

2 Posts   1317 Views

mazu

Community Member, 3 Posts

23 July 2009 at 6:24am

Hi,
I want to make editable header and footer. I sholud have new tab in top silvewrstripe menu, and in drop down menu options - footer and header, after clicking on them silverstripe should load html editor with my editable footer and header. This options are global, and not connected with any instance of any page.

Is it possible to do something like this? Where should I save the data, and where program the forms to edit this footer and header?

bmc38119

Community Member, 45 Posts

24 July 2009 at 7:40am

not sure if you want to go about it in this way, but i have done this numerous times.

create a hidden document at the root of your site as a container (this is not necessary, but organizationally nice) called "site resources", then you can create child pages (hidden) under there and use these pages to contain your header and footer data (either use the standard content field or custom fields for other data types).

+ site resources
++ header
++ footer
++ something else

you can then call these pages by name in your template and pull in the content from this page as your header.