Im playing with Silverstripe now for about two weeks and I really love the framework and the cms implementation.
I'm now at the point that I seriously consider Silverstripe as my main framework. Most of the sites will be not very big. Lets say around 30 pages and maybe 6 or 7 pagetypes and some datamodels and need to handle around 100-200 visitors daily.
I run one small jobboard for the Netherlands based on a Joomla cms, which serves around 800 pages to 3000 visitors daily and around 100 users adding and editing content. This is hosted on a VPS server without any caching. And I wondered if Silverstripe could handle the same, (what I really hope!)
But reading this topic, I got a little tempered in my enthusiasm. Probably undeserved.
So I came up with a sort of benchmark/comparison idea.
My question to all SS users on this forum:
1. How many visitors do you daily handle with a Silverstripe CMS?
2. Around how many pages (pagetypes, datamodels) do you serve with that install?
3. Did you use special caching configuration?
4. Can you tell something about the hosting environment (Shared, VPS, dedicated?)
5. Does Silverstripe do the job with your setup and the amount of visitors?
Thanks in advance!