Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

newbie: tutorial 1 issues with creating new page type

Go to End

2 Posts   1393 Views

darrcass

Community Member, 3 Posts

8 August 2009 at 7:45pm

When I installed SS, I wasn't sure if it was working at first because I got a page with no content except for messages from xdebug that ereg_replace is deprecated and a notice that $_SESSION was undefined. However, it did end up working, so I started with tutorial 1.

Everything was going along just fine until I got to the section about creating a new page type. I saved HomePage.php to mysite/code and then went to dev/build?flush=1 and the same thing I described above happened: identical notices about ereg_replace and $_SESSION and nothing else.

I figured no problem, but when I tried to change my page type for my home page to the new page type, it was unavailable, so now I am stopped cold. Obviously if I can't resolve this I can't learn, let alone use SS, although I would very much like to.

Also, I got these annoying notices when I was building the sub-menus for the about page. I would have to flush from the home page in order to proceed.

SS 2.3.2
OSX 10.5.8
PHP entropy 5.3.0 w/xdebug 2.0.5
MySql 5.1.36

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

9 August 2009 at 11:47am

Try the new SilverStripe 2.3.3. PHP 5.3 has deprecated a couple of the functions which we use in SS so we hide these notices in 2.3.3 (until we rewrite the effected functionality). The notice about $_SESSION I am not so sure about.