Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe and huge sites

Go to End

4 Posts   1474 Views

carlosjac

Community Member, 1 Post

13 August 2009 at 8:13am

Hi,
I've a site developed some years ago using ASP. I'd like to convert that site to silverstripe. I wonder if Silverstripe can handle lots of content items ( 10000 +). What about the admin panel's tree ??

Thanks!
Carlos

MateuszU

Community Member, 89 Posts

13 August 2009 at 1:43pm

Hi,
Not exactly the order of magnitude you are looking for, but I have a website here with over 3,500 pages that works quite well. And the file tree has around 30,000 items and works fine too. The admin trees download the items on expand, so not all of them are handled simultaneously. You'd have to do your own check to make sure how it works on your setup though.

Mateusz

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

14 August 2009 at 1:27am

I'm pretty surprised to hear the above works well, though it could be based on the server setup.

I've heard a lot of problems regarding it, as you can follow in this one group discussion.

http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-dev/browse_thread/thread/84833d523a3bfbf1/954ff40d51399f4c

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

14 August 2009 at 2:53am

Even if the siteTree will still function with 1000ths of pages, the usability will be quite bad (because of the very long lists). I belive ModelAdmin can also be used to create pages , but I haven't used that in real life .....

ATM , we have 1 site that is running very slow (just the CMS , not the site itself) because of the huge number of objects in the assets directory. There is a quick-fix patch that improves stuff, but we have to wait for 2.4 to get major speed improvements.