Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Login Problem

Go to End

12 Posts   5417 Views

Bapfi

Community Member, 4 Posts

18 August 2009 at 6:59am

And how can I do that, willr? Sorry, I'm a noob at Silverstripe. ;)

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

18 August 2009 at 9:33am

I think he means in your URL bar, in your browser.

biapar

Forum Moderator, 435 Posts

31 October 2009 at 1:48am

I've same problem. I'm not entering into CMS in any way ( I've added Security::setDefaultAdmin in my _config.php, also ).
Browser give me login page...

Help!!!

ImacSS

Community Member, 35 Posts

14 December 2010 at 8:39am

Edited: 14/12/2010 8:40am

This is a bug. The log in as someone else feature was adding in 2.3.2 and it does not always redirect successfully. All you need to do is edit the url to site.com/admin again and you should be in the admin panel.

I am currently experiencing this behavior on a client's SS 2.4.2 website, and it is less than optimal when they are trying to gain access to the CMS admin.

Has a resolution to this bug been found? It would be nice if the post-login redirect actually worked again. As it is now, once they enter in the url of "http://<DOMAIN>/admin" - it takes them to the login form - they login successfully, but it just loads up the login form page again with the "You're logged in as..." message with a button to login as someone else - without ever redirecting back to the CMS admin.

Any assistance on this would be helpful - do I need to create a login form decorator object to handle this?

Requiring the client to modify the URL after they login is kind of gludgey. :)

Go to Top