Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Need to flush but can't log in

Go to End

2 Posts   1617 Views

switchie-scarecrow

Community Member, 3 Posts

1 September 2009 at 9:45pm

So, I've come across a dilemma and I need some help. I've been making this online student portfolio: www.hitstate.net/chanelharvey
for a class at school, unfortunately there's been a error and I need to flush the page. But to flush the page I need to log in to my cms. The problem is, the login page apparently needs flushing too. Oh dear, fail.
Is there anyway I can log in to the cms and flush the pages even though I can't get onto: http://www.hitstate.net/chanelharvey/Security/login/ ??
Or that I can fix the error without flushing?
I've tried everything I know of and the next time I'll be seeing my teacher is when my class has a meeting with a bunch of stakeholders.
I will be really grateful for any help, even if your not sure please comment.
thanks,
tash.

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

2 September 2009 at 2:52am

You can log in via url (GET):
(site)/Security/LoginForm&action_dologin=1&Email=(email)&Password=(password)
Maybe this will help. I recall your problem, I had it too some weeks ago. Unfortunately I can not remember the solution :(
In your config.php you can set developer mode. With that you might be able to flush without a login.

Director::set_environment_type("dev");