Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Loading error

Go to End

6 Posts   2135 Views

Beck

Community Member, 23 Posts

3 September 2009 at 8:29am

Edited: 03/09/2009 8:40am

Hi everyone, i'm using SS for my 2nd website. and i really liked it. thank you very much.

Question:
I uploaded SS to my webhost, then installed, finally opened admin panel. on the left side of Content (Menu of Pages)
when i click on one of page, on the left side circle in animation (means: loading) (see 1st image)
I waited 1 hour, it didn't work (didn't open tinymce "Editor"), then i uploaded all SS's files again (i thought maybe i left one of the file)
but nothing effect, as bad as before.

i thought maybe i have to do flush (admin?flush=1) then don't have that circle in animation.
and yet don't have tinymce (i think should open as ms word)
but it's like Notepad (see 2nd image)

Please tell me what problem is?
Thanks in advance

P.S.: my 1st website is working excellent. this website's Hosting & Configuration as the same as 1st website's

Attached Files
socks

Community Member, 191 Posts

3 September 2009 at 9:24am

What browser are you using? Is your first site a different version of SS?

I've experienced problems loading TinyMCE in Safari (Mac) for SS 2.3.X that wasn't there in 2.2.3. TinyMCE either takes a long time to load or returns a Slow Script pop-up in Safari, "A script on the page is making Safari unresponsive. Do you want to continue running the script, or stop it?." I haven't had issues in FF. So you if you aren't using FF already, try it and see if you still have problems.

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

3 September 2009 at 11:07am

I had the same experience. Safari and the SS backend´s javascript don´t go well together. If I work with the backend I also use Firefox.

Beck

4 September 2009 at 4:41am

1st site is SS 2.3.2
2nd site wich i have problem is SS 2.3.3

i'm using Firefox, Opera, IE but all of them the same result.

If plugins of SS so big, should be incoming traffic of the internet wich i can know website is loading.
but no incoming, no loading.

Usually what can be the reason of that kind of problem?

Beck

7 September 2009 at 3:28pm

Edited: 10/09/2009 4:40am

If somebody wants help me, using Firebug or smth else. please let me know through MSN: jakhangirov@hotmail.com

Beck

14 September 2009 at 5:19am

urgent problem, please guys help me....