Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

subdomain / folder unreachable : Error 500

Go to End

6 Posts   7740 Views

khaoz

Community Member, 7 Posts

4 September 2009 at 7:28pm

Who ever has the working solution please assist. The problem I have is that a different e-commerce subdomain was intentionally created for the site I am working on. Due to my liking of silverstripe I decided to place SS in the root folder (also known as public_html) and the e-commerce system is running in a ws (webshop) folder. This folder is a subdomain folder so when accessed we are looking at http://ws.domainname.nl and http://www.domainname.nl for silverstripe.

I tried reconfiguring the .htaccess file but with no luck. It seems any changes remove the visibility of the entire silverstripe site.
I need to know what I need to place in the SS htaccess file so that any created subdomain is accessible whenever.

Now I am only receiving a Internal Server error 500 when accessing any folder and subdomain.

Any one have a working solution for this?

And I read a lot of threads in the forum but they seem to all speak about silverstripe on a subdomain and for a different project that proved not to be any problem. This is about silverstripe being the root and another CMS blogsystem ecommerce system is on another subdomain.

] THANKS [

LoZzA

Community Member, 11 Posts

29 September 2009 at 9:55pm

Edited: 29/09/2009 10:23pm

This is the same problem as I am having and from hours of scouring the forum I see a lot of other people are having this trouble of SS 2.3.3 trying to control a subdomain directory.

A few people are saying that the rules they used in the web root .htaccess file for SS 2.2.x no longer work in SS 2.3.3 I hope someone finds a solution soon, real soon!

I am trying to install phpList on a subdomain with SS installed in the web root directory, without any luck. The directory that the subdomain points to is in the web root. I cannot link it to a directory outside the web root. If I installed SS in a sub directory of the web root, things work fine. But not if SS is installed in the webroot.

Someone out there please help us!

LoZzA

LoZzA

Community Member, 11 Posts

29 September 2009 at 11:23pm

Edited: 29/09/2009 11:23pm

I think I have found the answer. This is what I changed my .htaccess file to

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^subdomaindirectory$ subdomaindirectory/ [R,L] 
RewriteRule ^subdomaindirectory/(.*)$ subdomaindirectory/$1 [L]

### SILVERSTRIPE START ### 
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(\.gif)|(\.jpg)|(\.png)|(\.css)|(\.js)|(\.php)$

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$ 
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f 
RewriteRule .* sapphire/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L] 
### SILVERSTRIPE END ###

Just replace subdomaindirectory with your folder name and is should work. It's working for me now.

Ricardona

Community Member, 26 Posts

7 February 2010 at 3:16am

Thanks a lot, this is working for me!

Nature Boy

Community Member, 1 Post

16 February 2010 at 6:23pm

Thanks for that one - the htaccess redirects for subdomains ... much appreciated, worked a treat for me.

You just saved me fumbling my way through an hour or so of apache documentation, trying to remember how to do such a thing. So big thanks.

johannes

Community Member, 20 Posts

6 November 2010 at 9:14am

I tried different values for the 'subdomaindirectory', but I didn't work for me. Can anybody give me an example how it should look.