Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Sharing Data Across Multiple Sites

Go to End

3 Posts   1197 Views

zenmonkey

Community Member, 545 Posts

18 September 2009 at 12:27pm

I'm currently working on a silverstripe site whose logic will be rolled out to multiple sites on multiple domains. Basically I want that when a user signs up for one site they can automatically sign up for others with a simple opt-in. Is there an easy way to share Member Data between the sites, or is the best way to write a function with Vanilla SQL writes to the other domains?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 September 2009 at 3:41pm

I don't suppose you are using the subsites module to power the multiple sites / domains? then they can share the 1 database which would solve the syncing issue.

zenmonkey

Community Member, 545 Posts

18 September 2009 at 5:18pm

Hmmm, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, I didn't realize it would work across multiple domains as well as sub-domains. I can see it solving a few bits of feature creep that have arisen, but one of the sites will require a bit of customization to my base code which I don't really want to roll out to the others as to not overwhelm the content creators. Its really only the Members I want to share on an opt-in basis

I'm also a little confused by the requirements. It lists GeneralDataAdmin and SS 2.3 as a requisite even though GDA is depreciated in 2.3. I was considering implementing it manage Mobile version of the sites.