Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problem saving and publishing

Go to End

7 Posts   1358 Views

mschiefmaker

Community Member, 187 Posts

8 October 2009 at 8:55pm

Edited: 08/10/2009 8:57pm

I am having a problem (primarily on a mac) where the save and publish will work to begin with and then at some point it hangs and just keeps cycling on save and publish (but the green saving indicator on the LHS never shows). Shutting down all occurances of this type of the browser (I can still be attached in a different browser) clears the issue and I can save again until the problem reoccurs which seem to be pretty regular.

Refreshing the browser will always cause the issue to occur.

I am running 2.3.2. Have tried a suggestion from a previous thread of adding GoogleSitemap::DisableGoogleNotification(); to mysite/_config but this fails with th message
Fatal error: Call to undefined method GoogleSitemap::disablegooglenotification() in /home/anzata/public_html/mysite/_config.php on line 29
and I understand from another thread that GoogleSitemap was not included in 2.3.2 hence why the method is undefined but this means the issue must be elsewhere

Any ideas what would cause this problem, the site is on a test server with a host Is there anything that might be in its set up that could cause the problem?

I am desperate on this onee as the go-live is the end of next week but at the moment very little work is being achieved as itkeeps hanging

Thanks

MM

mschiefmaker

12 October 2009 at 7:17pm

Have had the server setup checked but it is all above the requirements. Can anyone suggest a soution this obviously makes Silverstripe unusable? While I am not having to many problems saving, another user is now getting the same issue on a PC.

thanks

Catherine

mschiefmaker

12 October 2009 at 7:34pm

I am also having problems creating new table using a mac - the only way to create one is by writing it is in HTML. I have logged a seperate thread for his but I can't help wondering if this is caused by the same problem so I would thought I would mention

Bruce B

Community Member, 164 Posts

14 October 2009 at 3:20pm

I hit problems with save and publish not working recently - the 'Saving' message never goes away. In my case it was because I was creating a large user-defined form that exceeded the PHP memory limits on the server. To manage that particular form, I had to copy the database to my Macbook Pro, where I had much higher PHP memory limit, fix the page, then load the database back onto the server.

Not a nice process but it has only happened for this particular circumstance. In your case, I'm guessing that the Save failure is related to time in use rather than particular pages but it might be worth checking the PHP memory limit on your server.

mschiefmaker

16 October 2009 at 11:01am

Hey Bruce

Thanks for your response. It certainly does sound like the issue. In the install specs it says to set the maximum memory to at least 48 mb - I assume this is what you are talking about but please correct me if I wrong I don't know a lot about set up of servers.

When you sayincreasing this do you have any suggestions to how much?

thanks

Catherine

mschiefmaker

16 October 2009 at 12:18pm

The hosting provider has come back and said the memory limit is set to 64M.

mschiefmaker

19 October 2009 at 8:22pm

Upgrading to 2.3.3 has fixed the issue.