Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

DataObject/ missing Page Table problem?

Go to End

5 Posts   2560 Views

Tama

Community Member, 138 Posts

11 October 2009 at 9:37pm

Hi there

I'm new to Silverstripe and have run into a problem that's been messing with my head for most of the day. I was adding a couple of functions to /mysite/code/Page.php to do simple outputs and originally I messed up the syntax like so:

function ShareURL(){
		urlencode('http://'.$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]);
	}

instead of what I meant to put (that'll teach me to check my e-mail halfway through writing code):

function ShareURL(){
		$output = urlencode('http://'.$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]);
		return $output;
	}

Now things are really weird. Silverstripe seems to have created a page type or class or dataobject or something called "Page" so when I run Silverstripe in debug I get the following message:

[User Error] Couldn't run query: SELECT `SiteTree`.*, `Page`.*, `GhostPage`.*, `BlogEntry`.*, `BlogTree`.*, `ErrorPage`.*, `RedirectorPage`.*, `VirtualPage`.*, `BlogHolder`.*, `SiteTree`.ID, if(`SiteTree`.ClassName,`SiteTree`.ClassName,'SiteTree') AS RecordClassName FROM `SiteTree` LEFT JOIN `Page` ON `Page`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `GhostPage` ON `GhostPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `BlogEntry` ON `BlogEntry`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `BlogTree` ON `BlogTree`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `ErrorPage` ON `ErrorPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `RedirectorPage` ON `RedirectorPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `VirtualPage` ON `VirtualPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `BlogHolder` ON `BlogHolder`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID WHERE (HomepageForDomain REGEXP '(, ^) *mydomain\.com *(,|$)') ORDER BY Sort LIMIT 1 | Table 'ssdb.Page' doesn't exist

And if I try to do /db/build/flush=1 it spits out this:

Permission
Widget
WidgetArea
Page
Table Page: created
Field Page.ID: created as int(11) not null auto_increment

[User Error] Uncaught ReflectionException: Class does not exist
GET /db/build?flush=1

Line 87 in /var/www/html/sapphire/core/Object.php

If I go in and check the database the "Page" database doesn't exist - but if I manually add "Page", "Page_Live", "Page_versions" (with only a ID row on each) to the database the site will work but I can't edit anything in the admin panel. Looking at an original Silverstripe database it appears that the Page tables don't exist in the default setup, or am I missing something?

I've spent the past few hours trawling through the code and database trying to work out what's triggered the need for the Page tables but it's totally got me confused. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Tama

Tama

12 October 2009 at 3:08pm

OK - this is really weird. I've recreated what I thought triggered this problem on a fresh website and the faulty syntax didn't seem to do anything to it...

...I'm confused - any ideas to what's producing the faulty SQL statement would be appreciated.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

12 October 2009 at 3:42pm

Almost certainly an error in your Page.php file. Did you have a matching Page_Controller?

Post the entire Page.php.

Regards,
Hamish

Tama

12 October 2009 at 3:45pm

Hi Hamish - thank you for your reply.

If it is an error with my Page.php does this mean that replacing Page.php with the file from the default install will fix it up?

I'll give it a crack later today, will let you know how it goes.

Cheers
Tama

Tama

12 October 2009 at 5:46pm

Well I'm officially King Durr of Mongland. I'd completely forgotten that I'd added this line to Page.php under the mistaken theory that it would disable comments across the whole site:

public static $db = array(
		'ProvideComments' => false 
	);

I can't believe I wasted so much time looking for something that was staring me in the face!

So, how do I disable comments across the entire site?