Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Error Uploading Assets

Go to End

4 Posts   3556 Views

sca123

Community Member, 61 Posts

20 October 2009 at 9:14am

When uploading assets using swfupload, the upload is successful and the CMS returns "Success" however the file is not uploaded to the directory and the CMS registers the file name as "new-file"

Can anyone help me with this issue?

bellafaith

Community Member, 12 Posts

6 March 2010 at 11:03am

I'm having this problem too. It was working on test server, but once I uploaded to new server (in which I did upgrade Silverstripe from 2.3.3 to 2.3.6) I'm getting the new file problem too.

Ben_W

Community Member, 80 Posts

8 March 2010 at 1:21pm

I had some problems with Assets folder before, it could be related to file permissions.
after initial installation of the SilverStripe, you should have /Assets/Upload/ folder in the file structure, and it is required to have write permissons. From this point onwards, any new image folder or file folder you created using SilverStripe's CMS are belonged to the server, in my case, they are owned by 'apache:apache'. This means, if you move your site from your dev server to live server, always remember to keep the file permission. If you use ftp client to upload to the live site, then the folder as well as the files will have the permission of your ftp log-in permission, which is most likely not the server permission. That is why sometime, you know the files are there, however you just can't access them.

What I usually do is tar the entire dev site to preserve the file permission, upload to live server and then untar it. Another the way is upload a file using SilverStripe, make sure it works, then check it's permission so that you know what is your server permission, next you just need to chown all the files in the /Assets/Upload, and the folder under /Assets/

Hope this may help.

bellafaith

Community Member, 12 Posts

24 June 2010 at 4:10am

My problem was the value of upload_tmp_dir in my client's php.ini. I posted my solution in this thread.