Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS Files in Dreamweaver CS4

Go to End

20 Posts   14593 Views

TF-35Lightning

Community Member, 137 Posts

3 August 2011 at 1:31pm

Hi borreij,
Is this a solution for Dreamweaver on MAC or does it work on Windows too?

I remember trying what the SS wiki said a while back but I could never get it to work and had to reinstall the software basically, that's on windows that is.

Any help would be great

Mohammed

Community Member, 25 Posts

30 December 2011 at 4:22am

Edited: 30/12/2011 4:23am

I had issues getting this to work with CS5.5 while using Windows 7. This is how I fixed it.

I followed the directions found at http://doc.silverstripe.org/old/tools:dreamweaver.

I then changed C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\configuration\Extensions.txt by adding the extension SS under HTML Documents and PHP files. Saved and closed.

After completing these two steps, the color coding was still not working. Then the did the following:

This following part is what fixed the issue for me... I had to edit the following file: C:\Users\[USERNAMEGOESHERE]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5.5\en_US\Configuration\DocumentTypes\MMDocumentTypes.xml. I had to change Change Line 3 into:

<documenttype id="HTML" internaltype="HTML" winfileextension="html,htm,shtml,shtm,stm,tpl,lasso,xhtml,ss" macfileextension="html,htm,shtml,shtm,tpl,lasso,xhtml,ssi,ss" file="Default.html" writebyteordermark="false">
Save and close. Now open Dreamweaver and open a .ss file. The color coding should work.

I Hope that helps fix your problem!

bones

Community Member, 110 Posts

17 May 2012 at 10:05pm

Update for Dreamweaver CS6 on Mac

Follow the previous instructions, but you'll need to remember to do the same edit to the following file:

users/[YOU]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS6/en_US/Configuration/DocumentTypes/MMDocumentTypes.xml

Note that on MacOS 10.7 (Lion), the Library folder is hidden by default, so you'll have to un-hide it by going to Finder, Go > Go to Folder... and entering ~/Library/

mspacemedia

Community Member, 12 Posts

17 September 2012 at 9:47pm

Or even easier than typing... alt-click the 'GO' finder menu and as if by magic 'Library' will appear ;)

Go to Top