Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Pre installation - capability of Silverstripe

Go to End

Alistair George

Community Member, 8 Posts

28 October 2009 at 1:54pm

Hi I have been considering Joomla until I heard about GlFusion and Silverstripe. Reason being, I want to be able to let others maintain their sites but Joomla is too complex for that IMHO. Interestingly, Silverstripe seems to have more modules even considering GlFusion internal modules, and a real bonus and accolades to Silverstripe development team is the online demo which surpasses even Joomla.
Current needs are a Booking calendar eg for holiday homes, and a very flexible Polls module whereby the user can include their own input fields.
To get similar, will I have to modify existing modules, or should current modules suffice?
If modules are not available, is it relatively easy to integrate PHP code to construct a tailor made module, eg a PHP calendar for instance.
Any info appreciated.
Thanks.
Al (Waihi Beach, NZ)