Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We're retiring the forums!

The SilverStripe forums have passed their heyday. They'll stick around, but will be read only. We'd encourage you to get involved in the community via the following channels instead:

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

problem with if blocks in templates

Go to End

10 Posts   1980 Views


Community Member, 904 Posts

12 November 2009 at 7:21am

What about a simple hack? Something along these lines:

function getFaculty($facultyType) {
	$type = str_replace('_', ' ', $facultyType);
	return DataObject::get( 'FacultyPage', "`FacultyType` = '$type'" );

That code simply replaces all underscores with spaces. Therefore underscore is an alias for space.
In the template you would then write:

<% control Faculty(Associate_Professor) %>
      <p><a href="$Link">$Title</a></p>
<% end_control %> 

Note that I put an underscore instead of a space there. And that I wrote Faculty instead of getFaculty, since you usually skip the "get" in the Template and it still maps to to correct function.


Community Member, 114 Posts

12 November 2009 at 7:46am

that does the trick, thanks!

Go to Top