Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We're retiring the forums!

The SilverStripe forums have passed their heyday. They'll stick around, but will be read only. We'd encourage you to get involved in the community via the following channels instead:

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset [RESOLVED]


Go to End


5 Posts   2599 Views

Avatar
Cem

Community Member, 31 Posts

19 November 2009 at 8:36am

Edited: 20/11/2009 11:24am

Hi I started getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in ../sapphire/core/i18n.php on line 1417
Sounds like a translation thing
I am using 2.3.3

I can access nor main site neither admin.

Any ideas to resolve the issue is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Avatar
dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

19 November 2009 at 3:17pm

Definitely is, something has hosed the SS global $lang. Are you setting it elsewhere, and have you checked that your translations files are intact?

Avatar
Cem

Community Member, 31 Posts

20 November 2009 at 12:09am

Edited: 20/11/2009 12:18am

Thanks for replying,
I am setting it in the _config file as
i18n::set_locale('tr_TR');
i18n::set_default_lang('tr_TR');

The interesting part is that everything works fine on my local machine but the same files do not work when
I upload it to my hosting account.

I even tried installing from scratch on my hosting account
and even the install hangs with the same error.Weird...

When I change the line in i18n.php on line 1417 from
$transEntity = isset($lang[$locale][$class][$realEntity]) ? $lang[$locale][$class][$realEntity] : $string;
to
$transEntity =$string

I can access the site but then translations do not work anymore.

Bump...

Avatar
Cem

Community Member, 31 Posts

20 November 2009 at 11:23am

Edited: 20/11/2009 11:24am

Avatar
JonShutt

Community Member, 244 Posts

29 November 2011 at 10:40am

I just had the same problem, my locale was set to en_NZ. it has been working for a few weeks, and suddenly i was getting these php errors.

changing to US fixed it on the public site, but the admin didn't work at all.
after a while of frustration, I tried using firefox instead of chrome. and it worked prefectly.
i shut down chrome, reopened- and, yes, all working

so if you experience this problem and it's just started, try closing and reopening....