Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Hosting Requirements /

What you need to consider when choosing a hosting provider and plan.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Server error after setting password for MySQL

Go to End

3 Posts   2457 Views

ArnoParno

Community Member, 2 Posts

7 April 2012 at 12:15am

Hello,

After installing WAMP and SilverStripe I got a warning in phpMyAdmin that there was no password set for MySQL. When I figured out how to set these for the different hosts (127.0.0.1 / localhost / ::1 localhost <--- what is this one by the way?) I went back into phpMyAdmin to see if all was well now. Alas access denied, had to change the config.inc.php file and set the password there too. This done I had access again to phpMyAdmin. Thinking everything was hunky-dory now I went back to SilverStripe CMS (localhost/silverstripe/admin) to work on my website, but no luck "Server error - Sorry, there was a problem with handling your request". Same for the website (localhost/silverstripe). I'm sure it has something to do with setting the MySQL password because before this I had no problems accessing SilverStripe CMS or the website. Tried to Google and search this forum but nothing yet.

Hope someone out here will hear my cry for help and come up with a solution for me. I am kind of a newb so keep it simple please :)

Arno

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 April 2012 at 5:27pm

If you changed the mysql password then you'll need to update that in SS as well in your mysite/_config.php

ArnoParno

Community Member, 2 Posts

10 April 2012 at 7:37am

Thanx a lot, updating the _config.php file in mysite folder did the trick.