Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Hosting Requirements /

What you need to consider when choosing a hosting provider and plan.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Hosting in Ireland?

Go to End

10 Posts   5696 Views

leinad

Community Member, 7 Posts

21 May 2009 at 4:20am

Any known hosting companies in Ireland support Silverstripe?
Thanks

rbquirke

Community Member, 70 Posts

21 May 2009 at 2:47pm

not specifically, but Blacknight should be fine, as would host.ie (linux plans anyway)

leinad

Community Member, 7 Posts

22 May 2009 at 4:59am

Hi,

Yeah I took a look and they dont specifically mention supporting silverstripe where they name joomla and a few more

Thanks

wollemi

Community Member, 1 Post

23 May 2009 at 2:27am

Hi leinad,

Did you have any luck with a hosting provider for it in Ireland? Just checking it out on blacknight at the minute.
If you've any luck with another provider, drop back and let us know will you?

rbquirke

Community Member, 70 Posts

23 May 2009 at 3:18pm

there is no reason why you couldn't run silverstripe.
It really does not require anything that special.

If the hosting provider can do Joomla or Wordpress, and they say they have php5, then you are fine.

neilcreagh

Community Member, 136 Posts

4 December 2009 at 8:24am

I've been looking for the perfect Irish shared hosting platform for SIlverstripe. Still not found an ideal solution but here's what I've found so far:

Register365: Has a problem with Mod_Rewrite because it's running "Zeus" servers - aside from that all works perfectly - the only issue is that you have to have /index.php in the URL eg. www.something.com/index.php/page-name

Blacknight: Has a problem with the cache and folder permissions. You have to create a silverstripe-cache folder and give it full permissions, then it all seems to run smoothly. But this isn't very secure, folders shouldn't be left on full permissions and, aside from the danger of hacking, hosting companies tend to re-set all the folders with full permissions back to something more secure.

Host Ireland: This is the best I've found to date. The speed isn't great though, so performance is mediocre, but the install works perfectly and SS runs correctly.

I'd be very interested to hear of other's experiences with Silverstripe on Irish hosting providers. Drop a note here if you find a suitable one or know of any answers to these issues - Thanks!

danova

Community Member, 4 Posts

8 January 2010 at 4:44am

Edited: 16/01/2010 2:19am

Yeah I took a look and they dont specifically mention supporting silverstripe where they name joomla and a few more .

meganjo

Community Member, 5 Posts

4 February 2010 at 6:35pm

Thanx for sharing....
--------
Dedicated Linux Server Hosting

Go to Top