Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Hosting Requirements /

What you need to consider when choosing a hosting provider and plan.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Fatal error

Go to End

7 Posts   3399 Views

Beck

Community Member, 23 Posts

30 July 2009 at 2:04am

Hi everyony!

what that mean:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/robouz/public_html/sapphire/thirdparty/jsmin/JSMin.php on line 79

what should i do? thanks in advance

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

30 July 2009 at 7:13am

That means, PHP ran out of memory.
You can increase the memory by changing the memory_limit config parameter: http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.memory-limit

Beck

Community Member, 23 Posts

4 August 2009 at 7:03am

i aded "memory_limit = 128M" in "php.ini" but anyway i can't enter to admin panel.

please tell me what should i do?

always the same error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 73 bytes) in /home/robouz/public_html/sapphire/thirdparty/jsmin/JSMin.php on line 139

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 August 2009 at 8:59pm

Have you restarted php / apache? You will need to do this to update your memory limit (33554432 is still 32mb)

damsel

Community Member, 8 Posts

16 September 2009 at 2:01pm

My installation has been running along happily for almost two years now, no problem, and all of a sudden I'm getting this error. Since it has always run under 32mb, I don't understand how it can suddenly need more. Is there a fix other than increasing the memory? The max I get through the host is 32.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

16 September 2009 at 2:07pm

Memory can increase naturally quite easily. Every publish and save in the CMS saves the changes to the database, every extra page or page comment adds a bit of override.

What you can do to try and speed it up is to login to your database management tool (most hosts will give you phpmyadmin access) and 'Empty' the SiteTree_Versions table - and any other version tables which you have that you no longer need.

Long term though, I would look to get a new host then. Really you don't want to be running SS with less then 64mb php memory.

damsel

Community Member, 8 Posts

17 September 2009 at 1:52pm

Thanks! That did help.......I am able to login to the admin area now (the rest of the site worked perfectly, it was only when I tried to login to the admin area that I had the memory issue).

Thank you for your help :)