I just went live with a new site using GoDaddy and it looks great, however there are several issues in the admin area. Maybe they are related, but the main problem is that the sitetree is not displaying correctly. I don't see the different icons based on the page (they all look like a regular page) and the (+) sign is missing is drill down and see the subpages.
It worked fine on my development server, so I'm guessing that there might be files that didn't copy or some setting on GoDaddy that needs changing. I'm not sure where to look.
I'm having similar issues when moving from development to GoDaddy hosting. Initially it continued to give me the mod_rewrite warning on the installation page but i continued the installation and it went through. Now i'm wondering if that is causing issues seeing that SS is REALLY slow.
When trying to access the admin panel it just stays at the loading graphic.
Interestingly enough I installed the Silverstripe version 2.4.2 from the GoDaddy Hosting Connection and it works fine. Not sure what all they did during the setup but it appears to be working okay and LOTS faster than when i had tried to install it manually. i'll try to see if I can upgrade to 2.4.3 and let you all know how it goes.
So far I have attempted to install SS on GoDaddy 3 times.
Initially it was a manual install. During the install it was throwing the mod_rewrite warning. I proceeded and it looked like it was okay but after a couple minutes it it started giving issues. Pages and the CMS would not load. Performance would fluctuate meaning that it would work for a couple minutes then it would fail again. Initially I thought it was just due to a mod_rewrite issue but after trying several configurations I'm not sure.
The second install was via GoDaddy's hosting connection where I found a SS 2.4.2 available. That offered automated installs which seemed to go through okay, but eventually I experienced the same issues. I must say that it took a bit longer for the issues to appear.
The third install was manual again but this was in a sub-folder of my hosting space. Again the same page not loading issues. The CMS panel would just stop at the loading screen.
I'll continue to experiment and see how it goes. I'll examine it closer with firebug to try and debug it.
I went through my GoDaddy account and made some changes...
Set the domain I was setting up as the main domain for the hosting account.
Removed old forwarding settings for the domain.
Used the php5.ini that came with my Joomla installation that was working.
With those changes it seems SS to be behaving nicely I'll monitor it and let you know how it goes. I'll also try to clean up the php5.ini settings to find out EXACTLY what made the difference.
Have a good day.
Below is the php5.ini config
; Print out errors (as a part of the output). For production web sites,
; you're strongly encouraged to turn this feature off, and use error logging
; instead (see below). Keeping display_errors enabled on a production web site
; may reveal security information to end users, such as file paths on your Web
; server, your database schema or other information.
allow_call_time_pass_reference = On
display_errors = Off
register_globals = off
allow_url_fopen = off
expose_php = Off
max_input_time = 60
variables_order = "EGPCS"
extension_dir = ./
upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
precision = 12
SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="