Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Issue uploading silverstripe database to xampp

Go to End

3 Posts   1247 Views

joeyh123

Community Member, 1 Post

8 June 2015 at 10:16pm

Hello
The company I work for has developed a new website and gone live (wordpress) and the old site is in (silverstripe). They need some information from the site and I have tried importing the database to XAMPP phpmyadmin but I am experiencing some errors specifically a 1064 error, which I believe is a generic error which covers a lot of different topics.
Has anyone else had this problem before if so how did you go around resolving?
thanks
Joe

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

9 June 2015 at 8:56am

Edited: 09/06/2015 8:58am

A few things:
Beware that the default on windows is case insensitivity. You can't just export the database to a production environment. Sometimes SS is smart enough to rename capital letters, but ... I dunno what kind of magic is around that.

PHPMyAdmin is kinda rubbish at db import/export. Use the command line.

If it still fails, then it's probably a dodgy export. Take a new one. Use the command line.

Or depending on the size, manually trawl through the dump file. The info is in plain text after all. Ctrl+F SiteTree (pages), or the DataObject name you're looking for.
Depends on how critical the info is of course. Probably don't really wanna resort to that.

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

12 June 2015 at 9:11am

So I googled 1064, and it came back immediately with 'syntax error' which means it must be a dodgy dump.