Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

No input file specified. After changing domain

Go to End

3 Posts   2940 Views

kevino

Community Member, 30 Posts

10 December 2009 at 4:25am

Edited: 10/12/2009 4:26am

I've been developing a SS site for a while, on what is essencially an online test domain.
The plan was to develop online, then once complete, I could reassign that particular hosting setup to serve the real domain name.

In theory, this works. (well, my theory!)

So, I've re-routed my domain name, but it seems to have broken silverstripe.
I've verified that the domain is routimg correctly, as I can access things like the style sheets within my theme directories..
I noticed that it had stripped out the index file of the SS root (ss is 1 dir down at httpdocs/cms).
I'm getting the notice "No input file specified. " which I beleive is a PHP error when the 404 cannot be found?

As far as I can remember, I've never had to specify a full domain name whilst working with silverstripe so I can't imagine that it would be something like an outdated absolute link.
I've checked that the database is still there.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could have happened?

TIA :)

K

OwenW

Community Member, 45 Posts

10 December 2009 at 6:05pm

Hi kevino,

Just out of interest, did you move the silverstripe installation on the server at the same time? Im wondering if you are having some issues with the RewriteBase in the .htaccess?

Cheers
Owen

kevino

Community Member, 30 Posts

11 December 2009 at 2:07pm

No, I kept everything as it was - filewise.
What it was, was the php installation was specific to the old dmain. Just had to edit the php.ini file