Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Module Directories, Correct Location?

Go to End

7 Posts   1888 Views

vipx1

Community Member, 6 Posts

1 February 2010 at 9:58am

I want to ask this question before I do http://webserver/dev/build/?flush=1 again.
Recent install of Operating system and SilverStripe. Basic config working fine, Website is up and functioning.
SS. CMS version 2.3.5

I uploaded the the SWFupload-R334 to the CMS root directory and ran /dev/build as shown above. The PATH for the SWFupload module looks like this: /var/www/modules-swfupload-r334

Question: Should I be taking the folders out of the modules-swfupload-r334 and placing them in the relevant directory.
e.g. /var/www/themes/tutorial/css/swfupload.css

It might seem obvious but I'd rather ask the question first.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

1 February 2010 at 10:14am

No you should not need to move any files around.

vipx1

1 February 2010 at 12:22pm

OK, Update:

I got the module-blog to install by putting all the contents into /var/www/blog and that module works perfect.
module-swfupload does not work and was in the root when I /dev/build to install the module-blog
However, when I run /dev/tests/all I get the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 120 bytes) in /usr/share/php/PHPUnit/Framework/TestCase.php on line 1005

Can anyone give some pointers as to what would cause that or is it hard to say. My Server is a 32bit operating system with 4GB of memory but I am guessing the error refers to some cache and not the RAM.

OwenW

Community Member, 45 Posts

1 February 2010 at 3:37pm

Hi vipx1,

this error;

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 120 bytes) in /usr/share/php/PHPUnit/Framework/TestCase.php on line 1005

Is an error that relates to the volume of memory that is permitted to be allocated to a Apache/PHP process. The best place to make the change for this is within the php.ini file.

In that file there will be a line that reads like this;

memory_limit = 64M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (64MB)

Modify that line to be something like 128 or so, then restart your webserver and then try to re-run the tests.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Owen

vipx1

7 February 2010 at 4:42am

Edited: 07/02/2010 4:42am

Yes thanks OwenW it has correct the error notification.
When I run All Tests now I just see il8nTest as it is the only test available. No Output follows the running of this test.

From reading everything I can SWFupload I am sure the module is installed correctly. However I do not have the 'File' tab as displayed in this preview: http://doc.silverstripe.org/lib/exe/detail.php?id=modules%3Aswfuploadfield&cache=cache&media=swfupload1.gif

I think the only thing I have yet to do is edit the CMS equivalent of page.ss and layout.css to add the 'File' tab.

I don't want to mess up my CMS and I am not sure how to start.
Can someone let me know if my assumption is in fact correct before I adventure yet again into the unknown..

vipx1

7 February 2010 at 2:00pm

I have given up trying to embed my own player into SiverStripe.
I have to upload a video to YouTube and then embed the YouTube video into the page.

<table border="2" cellpadding="0" align="left">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>

<object width="560" height="340" data="http://www.youtube.com/blah blah blah;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/blah blah blah;" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
</object>

</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

The Object bit in the middle comes from youtube. It looks like that after the insert button used.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

7 February 2010 at 10:14pm

Hi vipx1,

If /var/www/ is the root of your website, I think the SWFUpload module path should read /var/www/swfupload/, as it uses this path to load its required files...

Also: there is a SilverStripe YouTube widget and a YouTube Gallery module available. I haven't used them, but you could give them a try...