Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Cant logon to the admin.

Go to End

5 Posts   2031 Views

patjnr

Community Member, 102 Posts

15 February 2010 at 8:44pm

Hi

I have installed a clean Ver of SS using the default theme B-candy.
The whole installation process is fine. i can navigate About us, Contact US and Home.
The problem is when i type /admin i get PAGE NOT FOUND.

dev/build is working
Security/Login is working
i even tried Security/login?BackURL=?/admin/ i will login and it returns a PAGE NOT FOUND again.

P

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

15 February 2010 at 10:40pm

Huh... that's a weird one.

Where are you installing SilverStripe?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

16 February 2010 at 6:02pm

Maybe mod_rewrite isn't working. Try yoursite.com/index.php/admin after logging in.

patjnr

Community Member, 102 Posts

16 February 2010 at 11:38pm

Hi

Can server write permissions cause this. i loged the fault with my web hosters and after the out of 4 domains 2 are now working and they are running 2.3.6

tx

P

Heike-san

Community Member, 52 Posts

30 March 2010 at 11:47pm

Edited: 31/03/2010 1:46am

What was the issue exactly and how did you solved it ? Because I am having the same problem except that trying yoursite.com/index.php/admin only cause firefox to tell me that I have redirection issues.

Edit: Additionally, a colleague created a panel called secure in which we can access the CMS but log to a custom panel of the CMS and only this panel seems to be working, can you advise please ?

Edity #2: I have found my mistake :

it was my own mistake, my misunderstanding of the new userform and carelessness.
I had put an email sender, without the email recipient. That was causing the server internal error.
However, I think that it could be great if the form should checked if there is an email recipient and send an error message and not simply die if it doesn't...