Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

iis Silverstripe admin pages not working, php error url slashs in wrong direction

Go to End

4 Posts   1882 Views

chip mcwristy

Community Member, 3 Posts

16 February 2016 at 8:51am

Ive inherited a silverstripe installation that is running for the most part but we have been unable to modify any content. When I logon to the admin pages I get the left side menu showing and the front page comes up ok, but when I click anywhere else I am generally getting a blank white box. I checked the php error logs and its showing

PHP Warning: Requirements_Backend::process_combined_files(): Couldn't create 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot/assets/_combinedfiles//lib.js' in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\framework\view\Requirements.php on line 1017

Im assuming the theme that is being used might have been designed for a system other than windows or was maybe customised incorrectly. Can anyone give me any pointers on how to fix the issue ?

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

16 February 2016 at 9:04am

Hi Chip Mcwristy,

Looks like a permissions issue over your 'assets' folder.

Although with IIS I am unsure what you will need to do to allow read and write.

-helenclarko

chip mcwristy

16 February 2016 at 9:14am

Thanks for the quick reply, for testing I gave everyone full control as well as Iusr full and I stopped seeing that warning in the logs but the admin pages issue still remains where I get a blank white box. I thought the error more had to do with the path beginning as C:\Inetpub\wwwroot and then the slashs go opposite direction /assets/_combinedfiels//lib.js ?

The only other warning in the logs is which I didn't think was a showstopper, but I did note the path was the correct format for windows

PHP Notice: BlogEntry::ParsedContent() is deprecated; use BlogEntry::Content() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\blog\code\BlogEntry.php on line 148

chip mcwristy

16 February 2016 at 9:37am

In playing more in the admin pages that do show things, I went to security and clicked add member which doesn't work but produces this in the error logs

PHP Deprecated: Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. To avoid this warning set 'always_populate_raw_post_data' to '-1' in php.ini and use the php://input stream instead. in Unknown on line 0

I also couldn't edit existing members, hoping this may help in narrowing the fault