Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Line 581 in C:\MAMP\htdocs\framework\model\connect\DBSchemaManager.php

Go to End

2 Posts   1975 Views

Phibir

Community Member, 1 Post

13 July 2016 at 7:12am

Hi, I'm attempting to install SilverStripe for the first time but keep receiving this message after clicking the 'install SilverStripe' button...

Line 581 in C:\MAMP\htdocs\framework\model\connect\DBSchemaManager.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
572 $newTable = false;
574 // backwards compatibility patch for pre 2.4 requireField() calls
575 $spec_orig = $spec;
577 if (!is_string($spec)) {
578 $spec['parts']['name'] = $field;
579 $spec_orig['parts']['name'] = $field;
580 //Convert the $spec array into a database-specific string
581 $spec = $this->$spec['type']($spec['parts'], true);
582 }
584 // Collations didn't come in until MySQL 4.1. Anything earlier will throw a syntax error if you try and use
585 // collations.
586 // TODO: move this to the MySQLDatabase file, or drop it altogether?
587 if (!$this->database->supportsCollations()) {
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am attempting to install as a localhost setup. I have installed MAMP, then copied SilverStripe install files to C:\MAMP\htdocs folder and then entered 'localhost' into Google Chrome. I have then entered the database password as 'root'. Silverstripe install acknowledges that I'm ready to install. I click install and then it says the it's installing SilverStripe, but then under the 'Building database schema...' section it displayed the above error message.

Can anyone please assist me with this problem? (Please remember that I am new to web design and SilverStripe)

Regards

Phibir

sonu769

Community Member, 1 Post

3 August 2016 at 2:07pm

Was having the same issue. Changed from php 7 to 5.6 and it fixed the issue. Thanks