Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe error installing

Go to End

Jakmax

Community Member, 1 Post

25 September 2016 at 1:38am

For those like me that in the last release have difficulty in installing the CMS and do not know how to complete the installation without having to open a support ticket hosting. PHP safe mode directive has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 5.3.0 and REMOVED as of PHP 5.4.0. So if you ask to your hosting to put directive in OFF mode, thay say that the directive is no longer supported.
To bypass the problem you can open the file Loader.php (you find this file in FRAMEWORK/THIRDPARTY/ZEND/) and go to the line 190
and comment the code as below
foreach (self::explodeIncludePath() as $path) {
if ($path == '.') {
if (is_readable($filename)) {
return true;
}
continue;
}
/* COMMENT THIS CODE
$file = $path . '/' . $filename;
if (is_readable($file)) {
return true;
}
END COMMENT CODE */
}

and you can install the CMS without problem. But if you are italian or of another country you can have problem with the .yml language.
Im my case italian language has a bug. The file of your language is in framework/lang/ directory. Italian file is it.yml during install the CMS say that there is Malformed string in yml. So you can open the file hand search Help2. It's in two different places, around about line 302 and 524
with this code:

==========
line 302

Help2: '<div class="advanced">

<h4>Utilizzo avanzato</h4>

<ul>

<li>Colonne consentite: <em>%s</em></li>

<li>Gruppi esistenti sono individuati attraverso la proprietà univoca <em>Code</em> e aggiornati con i nuovi valori dal file importato.</li>

<li>Possono essere create gerarchie usando la colonna <em>ParentCode</em></li>

<li>Codici di autorizzazione possono essere assegnati con la colonna <em>PermissionCode</em>. I codici di autorizzazione preesistenti non saranno cancellati.</li>

</ul>

</div>'

===========

line 524

Help2: '<div class="advanced">

<h4>Utilizzo avanzato</h4>

<ul>

<li>Colonne consentite: <em>%s</em></li>

<li>Utenti esistenti sono individuati attraverso la proprietà univoca <em>Code</em> e aggiornati con i nuovi valori dal file importato.</li>

<li>Possono essere assegnati gruppi usando la colonna <em>Groups</em>. I gruppi sono identificati dalla proprietà <em>Code</em>, possono essere specificati più gruppi separandoli con la virgola. I gruppi preesistenti non saranno cancellati.</li></ul></div>'

you must remove all white spaces and row to formatting yaml file as below:

==============
line 302

Help2: '<div class="advanced"><h4>Utilizzo avanzato</h4><ul><li>Colonne consentite: <em>%s</em></li><li>Gruppi esistenti sono individuati attraverso la proprietà univoca <em>Code</em> e aggiornati con i nuovi valori dal file importato.</li><li>Possono essere create gerarchie usando la colonna <em>ParentCode</em></li><li>Codici di autorizzazione possono essere assegnati con la colonna <em>PermissionCode</em>. I codici di autorizzazione preesistenti non saranno cancellati.</li></ul></div>'

===========
line 524

Help2: '<div class="advanced"><h4>Utilizzo avanzato</h4><ul><li>Colonne consentite: <em>%s</em></li><li>Utenti esistenti sono individuati attraverso la proprietà univoca <em>Code</em> e aggiornati con i nuovi valori dal file importato.</li><li>Possono essere assegnati gruppi usando la colonna <em>Groups</em>. I gruppi sono identificati dalla proprietà <em>Code</em>, possono essere specificati più gruppi separandoli con la virgola. I gruppi preesistenti non saranno cancellati.</li></ul></div>'

then save, and it's all ok.
Hope this help you.

Max