Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

windows slash / backslash problem?

Go to End

6 Posts   6232 Views

delcon

Community Member, 9 Posts

3 April 2010 at 10:04am

Hi I try to install Silverstripe on IIS 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

After install I get following Error:

Installing SilverStripe...
I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation

Creating 'mysite/_config.php'...
Creating C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\mysite/_config.php
Creating '.htaccess' file...
Creating C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\.htaccess Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/.htaccess/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli) in C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\sapphire\core\i18n.php on line 1739 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/COPYING/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli) in C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\sapphire\core\i18n.php on line 1739 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/ChangeLog/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli) in C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\sapphire\core\i18n.php on line 1739 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/INSTALL/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli) in C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\sapphire\core\i18n.php on line 1739 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/Makefile/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli) in C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\sapphire\core\i18n.php on line 1739 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/UPGRADING/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli) in C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\sapphire\core\i18n.php on line 1739 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/favicon.ico/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli) in C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\sapphire\core\i18n.php on line 1739 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/index.php/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli) in C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\sapphire\core\i18n.php on line 1739 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/install.php/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli) in C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\sapphire\core\i18n.php on line 1739 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/phpinfo.php/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli) in C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\sapphire\core\i18n.php on line 1739 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/rewritetest.php/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli) in C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\sapphire\core\i18n.php on line 1739 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/web.config/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli) in C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli\sapphire\core\i18n.php on line 1739
Building database schema...
Checking that friendly URLs work...
Friendly URLs are not working. This is most likely because mod_rewrite isn't configuredcorrectly on your site. Please check the following things in your Apache configuration; you may need to get your web host or server administrator to do this for you:
mod_rewrite is enabled
AllowOverride All is set for your directory

Looking at this Phrase "File(C:\inetpub\wwwvetterli/.htaccess/_config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): " makes me wonder slash and backslash don't work in Windows as far as I know.

Any body encountered this problem and found a solution?

Thanks

delcon

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

3 April 2010 at 12:40pm

PHP doesn't care about the slashes, on Windows, / and \ work the same way.

Have you tried installing the Microsoft URL Rewrite Module for IIS, and then including a web.config file? See here: http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=installation-on-windows-manual-iis

This process has been streamlined a bit more on SS 2.4, and the installer will detect rewrite capabilities on IIS as well as Apache.

Sean

delcon

3 April 2010 at 9:08pm

microsoft URL rewrite module 2 is installed

and web.config ist written as directed in the http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=installation-on-windows-manual-iis

does "open_basedir restriction" have anything to do with the following errors? how to correct this?

and

what exactly the mean by "is not within the allowed paths"?

shouldn't we go and try to exactly figure under what conditions these errors are written?

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

3 April 2010 at 9:52pm

There's an open_basedir or safe mode setting in php.ini. You might want to try disabling this, as it generally causes more problems than it solves.

delcon

3 April 2010 at 10:11pm

success!! that did it.

thank you!

delcon

3 April 2010 at 10:41pm

next problem:

after finishing without any error it tells me that I can log in with admin and the password I set during installation.

however, when I try to log in, it tells me : That doesn't seem to be the right e-mail address or password. Please try again

I tried to reinstall, and all sorts of ways including an actual email address. it all leads to the same error.

when I click to forgot my password and try to reset it tells me that it does not recognize my email address.