Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Setting up local environment with existing SilverStripe site

Go to End

2 Posts   1599 Views

YALMAR

Community Member, 2 Posts

1 December 2016 at 11:32am

I inherited a SilverStripe site which seems like it's had quite a bit of customization done to it.

The tutorials for the basic setup are great, very straight forward. Now that I've pulled the repo of the existing site, I can't seem to get it up and running on my local environment. When I go to the site i'm getting the following error:

Not Found
The requested URL /framework/main.php was not found on this server.

I'm assuming this is because I haven't really installed SilverStripe on this project and assets are missing, but the install files were removed. Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this error and get this site running on my local?

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

9 December 2016 at 3:14am

Basically a SilverStripe can be copied and should run, as long as you have the database data correct in eithere /_ss_environment.php or /mysite/_config.php. You would not need to reïnstall in any way. The site should work even with an empty /assets folder (which will of course remove all pictures), as long as you have access to the database.

First check if /framework/main.php file actually exists

Then make sure that your .htaccess file points to the right location if, for instance, you're installing in a subdirectory.

Also, if you have a silverstripe-cache directory in your site root, You might want to empty it. If you haven't, the cache is probably setup in your tmp file.

In that case you coud add an empty silverstripe-cache directory to your site root and make it writable. Or you could try a www.yoursite.xx/dev/build?flush to renew the cache. It looks like it might be a cache issue somehow.

Note that if you move a site to another server/location, you should always empty silverstripe-cache (if you have it).

Hope this helps some...