Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Double Install trouble

Go to End

4 Posts   1754 Views

Tonyair

Community Member, 81 Posts

13 May 2010 at 10:39pm

Hello, guys.

I found SS just yesterday, before that i used my own cms
I downloaded tar.gz archive, unpacked it to my computer and installed cms w/o any troubles, but after I downloaded second one from the 2.4 branch to another directory i can't install it.

I used same user and same password for mysql server, but only after removing first installation from the server & DB it started to work well
(permitions of the user are unlimited)

Linux a2nt.local 2.6.31-20-generic
Apache/2.2.12
PHP/5.2.10-2
MYSQL Client API version 5.1.37

P.S sorry for my English

youngmug

Community Member, 19 Posts

14 May 2010 at 5:08pm

As far as I know, you cannot have two installs in the same domain. If you set up a subdomain, you can run a second install on that.

emil.blume

Community Member, 11 Posts

15 May 2010 at 12:45am

Edited: 15/05/2010 12:46am

It's possible to have two installations running against one database. (e.g. showing some different Templates and modules to a customer)

For more assitance it would be usefull to have the corrosponding logs of Apache and mySQL.

But at all it should be easiley possible to have several different installations with different databases in different subdirs.

I think installing silverstripe on a already used and existing database of another silverstripe installation might not work.

Tonyair

Community Member, 81 Posts

18 May 2010 at 7:11pm

Yes, i saw that e.g i didn't find where i can use surfix for db tables, so i guess it isn't possible to use one db, so i used 2 separate databases on the same server.

Why i can't use same domain with separate dirs e.g localhost/stable & localhost/unstable?
I mean, what is a technical reason for that?

I didn't find any errors in apache and mysql logs, can i turn on error logging in the SS, 'cos i guess that second installation gets an empty string on some of requests and trying to parse it throw foreach construction as array which returns error.