Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Everything Installed Fine ... Except Silverstripe

Go to End

8 Posts   1344 Views

baja463

Community Member, 5 Posts

4 June 2010 at 12:49am

Edited: 04/06/2010 4:33am

Noob here -- I'm a long-time Frontpage user and just trying to join the CMS party.

Running Vista, I successfully completed the Windows Platform Installer steps and everything went well .... until SS tried to install, and failed.

The attached screenshot shows it all. I also have the webpi log if that would be helpful.

Where do I go from here?

Try it again?

Thanks,
Bill

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

4 June 2010 at 10:05am

Hi there,

Could you click "View log here" (I guess both of them) and paste the log here on this thread?

Cheers,
Sean

baja463

4 June 2010 at 11:13am

Sean,

Not sure what you meant by "both of them" since I only saw one ... But I'm attaching the webpi log from the installation.

Thanks for your help,
Bill

Attached Files
Sean

4 June 2010 at 2:46pm

Looks like it had problems downloading certain files. Could you try the installation again?

baja463

4 June 2010 at 9:37pm

Sure, I can try it again.

Two questions, tho:

1. Shall I uninstall everything and start from scratch?

2. If not, how do I isolate just the SS install portion (since it's kicked off from the WPI)?

Thanks again.

baja463

7 June 2010 at 7:01am

It seems that Sean has gone AWOL ... Can anyone answer my questions?

To repeat, to "try again" on the install, does it mean I have to uninstall everything and start from scratch?

Or is there a way to bypass all that and try to reinstall SS by itself?

I'm on the verge of dropping the whole subject, so if you can help, I'll appreciate it.

Thanks,
Bill

Sean

7 June 2010 at 3:13pm

Have you tried just running the WebPI and installing SilverStripe again (without uninstalling anything)?

baja463

7 June 2010 at 10:32pm

Actually, I did, Sean. However, I ran into warnings that made me stop and ask two simple questions in an effort to save myself some work and ensure good communication.

While waiting, I proceeded with the install, seeing screens that bore only slight resemblance to the screens provided by the SS people here: http://doc.silverstripe.org/installation-on-windows-pi

(I'm guessing that's because the installation is aimed at Win 7 people, not the Vista users.)

After seeing the "Congratulations! You've successfully installed ..." message, I clicked Finish and looked for a way to launch Silverstripe.

I'm still looking. I don't know how to launch SS and I see no executable that would indicate a way to launch it.

But, I've learned this much: the SS installation and support process is unrefined and needs work.

I know you're busy, so there's no need to answer -- I'm moving on to a different CMS now.