Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

"The database details don't appear to be correct..."

Go to End

3 Posts   2772 Views

xichael

Community Member, 5 Posts

19 June 2010 at 5:49pm

Edited: 19/06/2010 6:09pm

"I couldn't find a database server on 'localhost': A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

This is as far as I've gotten with trying out SilverStripe via EasyPHP in Windows. I've created a database in phpMyAdmin, and the user/pass are correct, but silverstripe doesn't seem to like it...

xichael

Community Member, 5 Posts

19 June 2010 at 6:52pm

Edited: 19/06/2010 7:04pm

Nevermind. Problem solved. I changed the "database server" field from "localhost" to "127.0.0.1", and voilà, it passed the test.

I can't imagine why that would make any difference though...

Shauna G

Community Member, 52 Posts

29 June 2010 at 4:24am

The answer to that problem might lie in your HOSTS file. Sometimes a computer will have two address entries that refer to the local computer. I haven't looked into it enough to find out exactly why, though I'd venture to guess that it either has something to do with IPv6 capability, or having two network cards (such as a laptop with a wired and wireless connection). This dual entry might be what's causing the issue, particularly if localhost isn't mapped to 127.0.0.1 (in which case, it's possible it's mapped to 127.0.1.1).

There's also a chance there's no host listing at all. If that's the case, then you can add a listing for localhost and then references to localhost should work as expected.