Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

'Files and Images' list missing icons

Go to End

2 Posts   1730 Views

Trafford

Community Member, 2 Posts

30 June 2010 at 11:46am

Hi. I'm trying to solve a problem where the icons are no longer showing for a list of files when viewing 'Files and Images' (i.e. 'drag' icon to left of file listing, and edit, delete icons to the right of file - see attached image) and I would appreciate any help. The sequence of events that lead to this are as follows:

1. installed gallery module (by Josh)
2. somewhere along the way confused the install instructions with the 'image gallery' by Uncle Cheese and ended up installing DataObjectManager and swfUploadField as well, which I don't think are required with Josh's module (from the documentation at least)

So at this point installed modules are: gallery module (by Josh), DataObjectManager and swfUploadField

3. noticed the icons had disappeared from 'Files and Images'. At this stage I'm still following the wrong instructions ('image gallery' by Uncle Cheese) :) and found the 'ultimate install' page for this module, which pointed out that the folder names for DataObjectManager and swfUploadField need to be correct.
4. renamed the folder names but still no icons

My options as I see them are as follows:
1. uninstall the DataObjectManager and swfUploadField modules, since not required - can't find any instructions on how to do this
2. attempt to fix the problem - so far all atempts at finding cause of problem have failed, also can't find anything in forum
3. delete website and start again (NOT my preferred option :), since other than this, the website is complete)

Any ideas/pointers appreciated. BTW, you may have guessed by now, this is my first Silverstripe website (but other than this issue, it's been pretty straightforward and a great experience).

thanks
Trafford

Attached Files
Trafford

Community Member, 2 Posts

1 July 2010 at 9:30pm

No takers?