Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

silverstripe MS- SQL installation problem

Go to End

26 Posts   7702 Views

dips_045

Community Member, 20 Posts

17 August 2010 at 9:07am

Edited: 17/08/2010 9:08am

Hi,

I successfully managed to create a working CMS on a linux server so thought I would try it for a windows server aswell but I am having problems.

on install.php, there was an error message but I tried to enter in the details of the database anyway, which met the requirements without any problems. When I clicked on install I got the following error:

Error Summary
HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly

Detailed Error Information
Module FastCgiModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler PHP_via_FastCGI
Error Code 0xc0000005

Can anyone please help?

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

17 August 2010 at 11:52am

I suggest setting up your Windows box like these instructions if at all possible: http://doc.silverstripe.org/installation-on-windows-server-manual-iis

This also includes using the SQL Server Driver for PHP, provided by Microsoft, instead of the one that comes with PHP.

If it's a shared Windows host, what are the server specifications you're installing SilverStripe onto?

Sean

dips_045

18 August 2010 at 9:51am

Hi Sean,

Thanks for replying.... I'm half way through the guide...Taking a while but I'm getting there.

I'm going to continue tomorrow and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again!

dips_045

29 October 2010 at 12:24am

Hi,

I had to put this project on hold for a while - but I'm back on it. I followed the instructions you sent but still had no luck. However I have noticed that this time round I had no errors on the install.php and met the requirements!

But...I still got the same error message after I clicked install

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly
Detailed Error Information
Module FastCgiModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler PHP_via_FastCGI
Error Code 0xc0000005
Requested URL http://www.website.co.uk:80/silverstripe/install.php
Physical Path e:\inetpub\win422\website\silverstripe\install.php
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

I have also noticed that I don't have sp1 on Windows Vista - is this a problem?

Any ideas how I can get silverstripe to work on a windows server?

Many thanks for your help

Sean

29 October 2010 at 12:07pm

Edited: 29/10/2010 12:09pm

You should be using Service Pack 2 if on Windows Vista. Please also check you are using the following components:

* PHP 5.3.3 VC9 x86 Non Thread Safe (http://windows.php.net/download)
* SQL Server driver for PHP 5.3 Non Thread Safe (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=80e44913-24b4-4113-8807-caae6cf2ca05)

The common cause of "FastCGI unexpectedly ended" errors is a misconfiguration of the server software.
You may also want to make sure that the line "extension=php_mssql.dll" is commented out in php.ini. This driver should not be used.

It might be a good idea to run Windows Update and patch everything available, this is generally a good idea anyway.

Cheers,
Sean

dips_045

8 November 2010 at 9:50am

Thanks for replying - I have now installed SP2 and went through the following instructions again:
http://doc.silverstripe.org/installation-on-windows-server-manual-iis

I had installed PHP but when I tried to complete the following step - set up Handler Mappings in IIS to support PHP scripts, I get an error message 'The specified exceutable does not exist on the server'.

I then removed PHP and installed it again making sure I selected IIS FastCGI and checked LDAP and Multi-Byte String. When I typed in “C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\php-cgi.exe” in the Executable (optional) field, a messge came up asking if I want to create a FastCGI application for this executable - I clicked Ok and get the error message mentioned above.
I tried to find php-cgi.exe on my machine and couldn't find it.

Any help/advice?

Many thanks

Sean

8 November 2010 at 10:04am

Edited: 08/11/2010 10:05am

Did you choose "IIS" as the web server during install of PHP? It will ask whether you're using Apache or IIS.

Try uninstalling and doing it again. I think it tries to automatically set up the handler mappings for IIS during PHP install as well.

Cheers,
Sean

dips_045

9 November 2010 at 8:29am

Hi - I uninstalled it again and installed it but still got the same result.

There wasn't an option for selecting IIS. I downloaded this version of PHP:
VC9 x86 Non Thread Safe (2010-Jul-21 20:38:25)

Any ideas on what else I can try?

Go to Top