Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

silverstripe MS- SQL installation problem

Go to End

26 Posts   7702 Views

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

9 November 2010 at 9:22am

Another idea is to remove that version of PHP and go with a manual install.

You can follow the "Install PHP" section of this document: http://doc.silverstripe.org/installation-on-windows-server-2003-iis-6#install_php

Cheers,
Sean

dips_045

Community Member, 20 Posts

10 November 2010 at 11:11am

Hi Again

Many thanks for your help and patience but I'm still getting an error!

I followed the Install PHP section of the link you provided in the previous post and everything was going smoothly! I successfully added Module Mapping in Handler Mapping and configured the fastCGI in IIS.

The only thing I can say was different was step 5: Open php.ini, located in c:\php5
There were two files php.ini-development and php.ini-production and I carried out the changes in both files.

I got the same error messge - just the location of php.exe is different (but its there!)
HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
c:\php5\php.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly

I don't know where I've gone wrong again?

Sean

10 November 2010 at 11:23am

php.ini-development and php.ini-production are not used, they're just templates.

In order to activate one, you need to rename one of them to php.ini.

For example, rename php.ini-development to php.ini to start with the development template.

Cheers,
Sean

Sean

10 November 2010 at 11:25am

Edited: 10/11/2010 11:26am

I've also updated the PHP installation instructions with another step to copy the php.ini-development file. These steps are here: http://doc.silverstripe.org/installation-on-windows-server-2003-iis-6#install_php

Thanks for the feedback!

Sean

dips_045

10 November 2010 at 11:55am

Thanks for that, I started again - deleted the files and went through it step by step but still no luck :-(

Also just to make sure -
Search for extension_dir and make sure it looks like this: extension_dir = “ext” (use proper double quotation characters here)
I did this step but changed nothing (ie. removing the semicolon and extension_dir = "ext" was exactly the same) - is this OK?

I typed in c:\php5\php.exe -v in command prompt and the version came up.

Sorry about this - anything else I can try?

Sean

10 November 2010 at 12:01pm

Edited: 10/11/2010 12:05pm

Yes, the extension dir should be extension_dir = "ext" - I think the way you've got it should be fine.

Could you try making a phpinfo.php file with the following in C:\inetpub\wwwroot and browse to it at http://localhost/phpinfo.php

<?php
phpinfo();

Take a screenshot of the resulting info page if you can.

This is a good debugging tool, as it would list all the environment variables and loaded extensions. If there's anything that doesn't look right in there, it's probably because it wasn't set in php.ini correctly.

Also, make sure php-cgi.exe is configured with FastCGI/IIS, not php.exe! This error almost certainly indicates it's not configured correctly: "HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error c:\php5\php.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly"

Cheers,
Sean

dips_045

10 November 2010 at 12:21pm

The message no longer comes up! I can't believe I made that mistake - I even made a note to use php-cgi.exe! - Thankyou!

But I have another question.. how can I make a file and folder writeable?
Is the web.config file writeable? The webserver user needs to be able to write to this file:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\2.4\web.config
Is the mysite/_config.php file writeable? The webserver user needs to be able to write to this file:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\2.4\mysite\_config.php
Is the assets/ folder writeable? The webserver user needs to be able to write to this file:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\2.4\assets

Thanks

Sean

10 November 2010 at 12:23pm

Edited: 10/11/2010 12:24pm

No problem!

Changing the security of files is relatively easy. You'll need to right click the assets folder, go to Properties then hit the Security tab.

From here, make sure the Users group has write permissions.

Do the same for the web.config and mysite/_config.php files, same process.

You may also need to restart IIS after changing the filesystem permissions for them to take effect.

Cheers,
Sean