Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Installation of 4.1 hangs on htacces?

Go to End

4 Posts   1604 Views

Eager_one

Community Member, 7 Posts

11 August 2010 at 12:27am

Hey all,

Been trying to get the image gallery module to work on an already existing site. Finaly with the newest release of SS and the modules needed, it all seems to work on my WAMP server configuration. Unfortunately when i upload the files to the online server. The installations hangs on the screen as shown in picture 1. On picture 2 you can see that everything is supposed to be okay...

Anyone got an idea of what to do here?
Thanks in advance!

E

Attached Files
Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

11 August 2010 at 11:12am

Edited: 11/08/2010 11:12am

Make sure AllowedOverride All is set for the location where you've put SilverStripe. This is required for URL rewriting to work properly with SilverStripe. If it's a shared host, you might need to ask your host how to do this.

Eager_one

11 August 2010 at 9:25pm

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your reply. I have send a message to the webserver provider, with the question of how to change this. I'll get back to you on how it worked out!

Greets,
E

Eager_one

12 August 2010 at 12:04am

Hello sean,

Just got a reply back from my hosting provider...turned out the turned on safe mode and serveral other security modifications without telling me...If i want those functions now I have to pay an extra 30 bucks a month!

So I'll consult with the owners of the website but we won't be trying to get SS to work any better on this server.
So I geuss that kinda solves the problem to doesn't it?

Thanks anyway for your effort to help!

E