Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Install error - SS2.4.2 / MySQL 4.1 / Yahoo hosting

Go to End

10 Posts   4602 Views

ramshackle

Community Member, 22 Posts

10 October 2010 at 6:08pm

Hi Sean,

Tried that but no luck.

The problem was the Yahoo hosting - when you create a db in their 'control panel' the db user created has limited permissions - doesn't allow table creation (!) & I couldn't see a way of resetting or changing those permissions. I am pretty new to all this though. So I installed phpmyadmin, created a new database and it worked - the user has full permissions. And the "@localhost", well it seems to add "@localhost" to the username created, even though the server is mysql - in the database that works, the db user is still 'riverq@localhost'.

The CMS works up to a point - very slow indeed and throws up a load of code inside the main CMS window each time. You can still update the site, although it gives a javascript parse error on publishing. And the blog module doesn't work at all. So advice for Yahoo hosting and SS 2.4.2 is don't bother!

Thanks heaps for all your help though,
Cheers

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

10 October 2010 at 6:35pm

Edited: 10/10/2010 6:36pm

Good to hear you managed to get further, but disappointing that Yahoo! hosting is still giving you troubles.

The parse error can be examined by installing Firebug extension for Firefox and keeping the console tab in Firebug open.
If you manage to find the error details, please paste it into this thread!

Go to Top