Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Pre- and Post-Installation problems

Go to End

5 Posts   3134 Views

Aefroze

Community Member, 7 Posts

22 November 2010 at 9:07am

Edited: 13/08/2011 7:40pm

Dear Friends,

I'm trying to install SS on IIS 7. MS Web PI doesn't work for me. So I have to install manually from a web browser.

If I try to run installation with installation media placed in the root directory, I get this error:

Fatal error: Class 'MySQLDatabaseConfigurationHelper' not found in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\install.php on line 705

If with same installation media, I run the install.php (while the directory hosting the installation media is not set to be the root directory), installation goes on like breeze.

However, if I set the SS directroy as root after installation, I get a bunch of errors:

Warning: scandir(C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: No error in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 196

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 0): No error in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 196

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 197

Warning: scandir(C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: No error in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 225

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 0): No error in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 225

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 226

Notice: Undefined index: file in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 265

Warning: $project isn't set in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 269

Notice: Undefined index: require_once in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 137

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 137

Fatal error: Class 'Debug' not found in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\Core.php on line 264

And this error: Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 69

Please help.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

22 November 2010 at 12:12pm

Edited: 22/11/2010 12:13pm

Hi Aefroze,

Sorry to hear you are having problems installing SilverStripe.

Could you describe what problems you were having with Web PI?

If a class cannot be found, this usually means there are missing files. However, it could be that there is a stale manifest hanging around.

Is there a MySQLDatabaseConfigurationHelper.php file available for you in the sapphire/dev/install directory?

It's recommended to place a silverstripe-cache directory into the path where you installed SilverStripe. Give this directory write permissions to the Users group (right click -> Properties -> Security tab in Windows Explorer).
Doing this will make it easier to manage the temporary files that the SilverStripe sites generate. For example, before you install SilverStripe you could delete the contents of this directory to ensure everything is created fresh during installation.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Sean

Aefroze

15 December 2010 at 12:45am

Edited: 13/08/2011 7:42pm

Hi,

1. I've successfully installed SS on two websites, both in sub-directories. Now I want to set the installation directory as wwwroot. Please suggest which files need to be changed/ edited/ updated.

without changing any files I get these errors:

Google Chrome/ Internet Explorer 9/ Firefox:

Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 69

Fatal error: Class 'Debug' not found in C:\HostingSpaces\user\domain.com\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\Core.php on line 264

My webhost is Arvixe, Windows based hosting.

2. I can't log in to the Admin panel/ CMS. After entering ID and PWD and hitting Enter, it says logging in and stays there. No error message displayed. Same issue on 3 installations (Two installations in sub-directories and one in root courtesy to Arvixe support guys who did it for me on my request).

I've informed the same problems to the support guys as well and if they can find a way out, I'll share it here.

I tried this: http://silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/14515. But with no luck. Also re-installed Java, but it didn't help either.

Please help.

Rehan

Aefroze

15 December 2010 at 12:47am

Edited: 15/12/2010 12:48am

Dear Sean,

Sorry for late reply. I can install via Web PI. But same errors displayed after uploading the installation to web host. I have tried to zip the installation then upload, FileZilla, and Windows WebMatrix (latest version of Web PI) with same issue.

Rehan

Aefroze

17 December 2010 at 2:54am

Hi,

Most of the problems I was facing have been solved now. I found one thing which could be good for users on windows based hosting. After you install SilverStripe, if you can't log in to CMS (you type log-in id and password, click log-in ... it says Loading ... but nothing happens), look for .htaccess file in assets folder and rename/ delete it. You don't need .htaccess on Windows Based Hosting (instead you have web.config).

IIS returns an error when it encounters .htaccess files. For users on Windows based hosting, it is recommended to rename/ delete all .htaccess files (by the way, you can't install SilverStripe on a Windows based host if .htaccess is present in wwwroot and sapphire).

Good luck!