Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

insert image doesn't work since 2.4.2

Go to End

7 Posts   3485 Views

joninjas

Community Member, 32 Posts

30 December 2010 at 1:22am

Hi all,

We have a serious problem with the images in the backend. It doesn't show any images when uploaded, just the filename. The uploader works but there is no picture afterwards. Also after I've chosen it from the insert picture in the editor it shows up as 'broken'. Till 2.4.1 this worked.
In the file structure (FTP) the picture is there. The permissions should be ok, 775 for assets.

Here is our PHP-Configuration:
http://digital.sites.hostmax.ch/phptest.php

Cheers + Thanks
Jonas

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

31 December 2010 at 8:15am

Hi Jonas,

I can confirm that I am having this same issue. I have tried a clean install and still the same symptoms as you describe. I am running SS 2.4.4.

I am surprised there has been no discussion on this issue.

Cheers,

Gary

Parradoxx

Community Member, 5 Posts

31 December 2010 at 10:32am

Edited: 31/12/2010 11:20am

Greetings gentlemen,

I am having the same problem, too. I can add images through the admin panel, or via FTP. The file names are visible in the Files & Images panel listing, but they do not preview, and links to them fail with an error page (File not found). Its a troubling problem, since its hard to deliver content as all-text. Each missing image requires a thousand words.... Running SS 2.4.3.

Edit: http://silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/14878?start=0 seems to address the issue. Making the change found on the link suggested by Sean solved the issue. In short, our servers must be running PHP as FastCGI.

Bret

gakenny

1 January 2011 at 10:11am

Hi folks,

Oddly, adding the conditions (or removing this line from .htaccess) has no effect and the issue prevails.

However, completely removing .htaccess resolves the issue.

I am running v2.4.4.

Cheers,

Gary

gakenny

1 January 2011 at 5:23pm

Edited: 01/01/2011 5:43pm

Hello,

Further investigation reveals that the issue in my case relates to the following code in .htaccess:

<snip>
Deny from all
<FilesMatch "\.(html|htm|xhtml|js|css|bmp|png|gif|jpg|jpeg|ico|pcx|tif|tiff|au|mid|midi|mpa|mp3|ogg|m4a|ra|wma|wav|cda|avi|mpg|mpeg|asf|wmv|m4v|mov|mkv|mp4|swf|flv|ram|rm|doc|docx|txt|rtf|xls|xlsx|pages|ppt|pptx|pps|csv|cab|arj|tar|zip|zipx|sit|sitx|gz|tgz|bz2|ace|arc|pkg|dmg|hqx|jar|xml|pdf)$">
Allow from all
</FilesMatch>
</snip>

Update: Removing "Deny from all" *only* resolves this issue. I see this message in the error logs of the server: "client denied by server configuration:".

Anyone have any ideas at what may cause an error with this code? I guess it is a configuration issue with my host.

Cheers,

Gary

joninjas

Community Member, 32 Posts

3 January 2011 at 7:00am

Thanks Parradoxx,

Sean's .htaccess change solved this issue!!

Happy 2011!
Jonas

gakenny

7 January 2011 at 9:34pm

Hello,

To post an update to the resolution to my issue. The rules in .htaccess are case-sensitive and the extensions for my image files were capitalised.

Cheers,

Gary