Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

fatal error !! anybody help me

Go to End

8 Posts   4820 Views

stinker

Community Member, 1 Post

9 January 2011 at 12:10pm

Fatal error: spl_autoload() [<a href='function.spl-autoload'>function.spl-autoload</a>]: Class SS_Log could not be loaded in /sapphire/dev/Debug.php on line 245

Fatal error: Interface 'NestedController' not found in /sapphire/core/control/ModelAsController.php on line 9

Fatal error: Class 'SS_Log' not found in /sapphire/dev/Debug.php on line 245

many thanx !!

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

10 January 2011 at 2:59pm

Hi there,

It sounds like you are missing files. Could you check the entire downloaded package was unarchived correctly?

Cheers,
Sean

Terry Apodaca

Community Member, 112 Posts

11 January 2011 at 9:26am

I've been getting this too...with the latest download of SS. Is there a known bug or is this something easily fixed?

acktivate

Community Member, 11 Posts

29 January 2011 at 12:08pm

Edited: 09/01/2012 8:58am

I received this error too and resolved the issue by removing the install.php file from the www folder. I am using symbolic links though. I am not sure if this is an issue if your website isn't using symbolic links. (1/11)

I moved a website on Dreamhost from one user account to another and encountered this error. I did a dev/rebuild and it corrected the error. (1/12)

vancouverWill

Community Member, 121 Posts

31 December 2011 at 2:47pm

it is worth noting that this can also be caused by lack of disk space so the logger can't write as normal.

tdgstu

Community Member, 1 Post

15 March 2012 at 5:01pm

We are experiencing this issue as well. We are on dreamhost. I note they use symlinks for the log files. I turned off XCache and thought that sovled it, however I note the problem has come back. Sometimes there, sometimes not. Very frustrating.

Don't know what SS tries to log. Will rip it out of the code to solve it, if only there was documentation about logging!

Reflektera

49 Posts

28 October 2012 at 7:19pm

Pretty old thread, I know, but I just stumbled upon this problem this morning and adding

session_save_path(getTempFolder());

to _config.php fixed it for me. Just spreading the word.

Found it here: http://www.hairyraho.com/silverstripe-cms/.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

29 October 2012 at 9:26am

session_save_path() should save into the system temp folder by default, is your fix of setting it to getTempFolder() to work around permission problems with a shared host?